Strathalbyn Local Services
Strathalbyn ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Strathalbyn site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Strathalbyn Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Strathalbyn When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Strathalbyn Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Strathalbyn Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Strathalbyn ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Strathalbyn and a Place to Meet
The strathalbyn.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Strathalbyn
Strathalbyn is a beautiful town located in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this charming town:
1. Strathalbyn's town center has a unique blend of well-preserved historic buildings, including a beautiful Georgian-style church built in 1838. The town is famous for its antique dealers, secondhand bookshops, and sidewalk cafes.
2. Strathalbyn is known for being a hotspot for wildlife enthusiasts. The Fleurieu Peninsula is home to various animals such as kangaroos, koalas, and echidnas. The nearby Monarto Safari Park, which is just 30 kilometers away from Strathalbyn, offers visitors an experience of encountering more than 50 species of exotic and native animals in their natural habitats.
3. Strathalbyn was initially established as a cattle station before the colonial government acquired the land for native settlement. The first European settlers arrived in 1839, and the town has been thriving ever since.
4. The Angas River flows through the town, providing significant water resources for the town. The river is also known for being a popular destination for canoeing and fishing enthusiasts.
5. Strathalbyn is famous for its horse racing events, held in the town's picturesque racecourse over the year. The town's inhabitants bowled over 150 years ago in the first-ever documented game of lawn bowls in South Australia.
6. The town is known for its agriculture, including B.-d. Farm Paris Creek, one of Australia's most significant organic dairy farms. The farm produces some of the best dairy products in Australia, including cheese, yogurt, and milk.
7. Strathalbyn is situated on the Southern Expressway and is also serviced by numerous bus routes that run to Adelaide and nearby towns. The town has excellent public transport facilities, making it easy for visitors to access and explore.
Strathalbyn is a hidden gem in South Australia, offering its visitors a unique blend of history, nature, and culture. The town is a perfect destination for a peaceful getaway and is ideal for nature lovers and history buffs.