Strathalbyn Travel and Flights
Flights and Travel into Strathalbyn
If you are arriving by air, the closest major airport to Strathalbyn is Adelaide Airport.
From Adelaide Airport, you can choose one of the following transportation options to reach Strathalbyn:
- Hire a Car: There are several car rental companies available at Adelaide Airport. You can hire a car and drive along the South Eastern Freeway (A1) and then take the Exit 60 to Strathalbyn, which is approximately a 50-minute drive.
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport. You can take a taxi directly to Strathalbyn, but note that it can be a costly option for a long-distance journey.
- Public Transportation: Outside the airport terminal, catch the JetBus service to the Adelaide city center. From there, take a train from Adelaide Railway Station to the Mount Barker Railway Station. From Mount Barker, catch a local bus or hire a taxi to reach Strathalbyn.
If you are already in South Australia, you can consider driving to Strathalbyn.
The town is located approximately 58 kilometers southeast of Adelaide.
If you are driving from Adelaide, you can take the South Eastern Freeway (A1) and then exit at Exit 60 in order to reach Strathalbyn.
Make sure to familiarize yourself with the route and have a GPS or map for easy navigation.
By Public Transportation:
If you prefer public transportation, you can use the train and/or bus services to reach Strathalbyn.
From Adelaide Railway Station, catch a train to Mount Barker Railway Station. From Mount Barker, you can either hire a local taxi or take a connecting bus service to Strathalbyn.
It's advisable to check the train and bus schedules in advance for better planning.
Once you reach Strathalbyn, there are several accommodation options available to suit various budgets. You can find hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, as well as holiday homes or cottages for rent.
It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak travel seasons.
Strathalbyn is a charming town with a rich history and offers numerous attractions for visitors. Some of the popular attractions include:
- Langhorne Creek Wine Region
- Strathalbyn Golf Course
- SteamRanger Heritage Railway
- Historic High Street
- Monarto Safari Park
There are also various local shops, cafes, and restaurants to explore and enjoy.
We hope you have a fantastic trip to Strathalbyn!
How to get Sale and Discount Flights for Strathalbyn locals and South Australia visitors
Through an agreement we have between our trusted travel network partner Kayak and www.strathalbyn.town we are delighted to offer you Heavily Discounted Flights and Car Hire. Here you can use the same services most Travel Agents use without the price markup. Enjoy :-) Simply Visit..